Thursday, August 23, 2007

Love Bugs (I do!)

I've been jittery. Job hunting isn't fun when you're a perfectionist-in-denial. I always wonder what I could have done differently. I've been spoiled. Every job I've applied for... I've gotten, except for teaching jobs. I got that first job over more popular kids - the coveted library page position. I knew the Dewey Decimal system cold by the time I was 10 so it seemed natural. I was always discouraged from being a librarian, so I never pursued the MLS ("You think she's a hermit now? What's gonna happen to her if she becomes a librarian? She might as well be a nun!"). Then I got the rockin' record store job (not a great idea finance-wise, but it sure was fun). Teaching jobs are hard to come by - I applied for at least 65.



And yesterday, as a graduation gift, I got a neat macro converter. The main part is really a portrait lens that also works excellent in low light. So now I have this awesome 3-in-1 combo lens. It just ROCKS. Here's a stab at taking a few macros of a lucky dead cicada I found this morning on campus. As you can see, the focusing is tricky and I'll need a lot of practice.


Smile!


Smooch!