Thursday, November 29, 2007

An excellent cover

I thought of an old vacation.


Today I was reminded of a surprising, excellent cover by Phantom Planet. And it just so happens that this little video of travel in Barcelona uses the song as background music. I haven't thought of that city or this song in some time. Funny how things are paired together some times. Have a listen. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZhfiZ4Rr1o

I am losing it. I used to be able to identify a song pretty fast. I could also tell you what other bands the guitarist was in, dumb trivia like that. Obsessed. What do you expect from someone who was a DJ and worked in a record shop. Now I hear this pathetic Cadillac commercial with an OLD Flaming Lips song in it and it takes me 3 months to place it in my head. I'm sure you can relate. :)