Thursday, January 31, 2008

Uh Oh

Her: Mom? You like bands?
Me: Yes.
Her: I like bands. You like rock n' roll bands?
Me: Yes, A LOT, why? What kinds of bands? Kid rock n' roll bands?
Her: No! Grown up rock n' roll bands with guitars!
Me: Do you talk about music with your friends at school? Or in Mr. B's class?
Her: No. I just love rock n' roll bands. Not like the stuff from the library in my kids section... like, REAL bands.
Me: OK, well the library cds we get are real bands.
Her: They are?
Me: Kind of - they're real bands who make kid versions of their songs. Would you like me to pick out some rock n' roll cds of mine that are appropriate for you?
Her: YES!!! (Wide eyed.)

There must be something going on in that little brain. Last week she was obsessed with my Bob Marley cds. Good grief. Isn't she a little young for this? I guess I started with some glam rock Bowie when I was 6ish (I also loved Muskrat Love!). She's not even interested in ear-bleeding Disney soundtracks, thank goodness. I guess she really is part me. Look out, Daddy!