Thursday, March 4, 2010

Handy: Being versus learning

There are some things that are logical. Patching walls, for instance. But cabinets? Everyone seems to have their own way for fixing them. I decided to degrease and then try some Formby's. We'll see what happens. The degreasing alone took 2 hours. I also bought 22 cabinet handles to install. I don't think they'll look the greatest, considering how the cabinets look to begin with. But after I spend all this time rehabbing the wood it'll save them in the future.

For the next two weeks I'm full steam ahead!

I've stripped the wallpaper and then patched and painted the entire kitchen and two hallways. Handy rating: 4.5 out of 5. I could have done better if I'd worked slower, but I'm too impatient. it was exhausting!


I ripped out the weird hallway door, camouflaged the holes, and installed some organizational stuff since we don't have a proper mud room. The door stopper stays for spontaneous kitty play. I even carried that darned door out of the house by myself without any damage! Handy rating: SUPER handy!


You'd never even know there was a 2 inch hole here. Would you?! Handy rating: not even needed - I'm a natural now.