Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Days 3, 4, & 5/30

Saturday, Sunday, and Monday I avoided driving when possible. I am often foiled by them. She likes the car. Yesterday I told her it was broken and that we'd have to ride bikes to the park. She frowned but agreed. Not that she has a choice under my rule.

When I do use the car, I am conscious of my route and make the most of it by planning stops on the way to or from my destination. My general rule When it comes to anything along my "library route" is that I will use my bike (exceptions made for large grocery loads). My neighbor sees this guy in our neighborhood who has a big basket attached to his bike for groceries. What's he do to lock his bike up?

The Dominicks on 176 doesn't have any place to lock a bike up. It's really amazing. Nada. When asked, the employees told me a bike rack would be a great idea. When I get time I'll post a photo of this little mall. There is a mailbox supported by 8" (or so) posts that I'm not sure I could get my lock onto. I could probably lock one of the tires, but I feel more comfortable when the frame is locked, too. Most of the sign posts are in the parking lot. There are 2 stop signs in the middle of the road near the entrance, but I can't lock my bike to those! Then, there are 2 no parking signs on what look like rubber stoppers. I might be able to lock my bike to those. Other than that, it's a stark landscape. It's funny, too, because there's a Hallmark shop and Blockbuster there - shops that kids go to.

My brain is burned out from writing my sub-par research paper all night. It was pretty pathetic and I'm not looking forward to the rewrite. It's just getting too tedious. Just as tedious as the pretentious pseudo-scholars in my program. Obviously my university doesn't have very high standards. What did Groucho Marx say? I refuse to belong to any club that would have me. Heh heh.